ANTONY, Cornwall – St James the Great.
New memorial window 1895
This window was described in The Builder of 22 June 1895 thus:
Under the superintendence of Mr. George H. Fellowes Prynne, a stained-glass window has been designed and executed for a three-light window of this church in memory of William Henry Pole-Carew of Antony. The centre-light is a “Nativity”, the two side-lights being “The Adoration of the Magi” and “The Shepherds” respectively, with backgrounds of colour, no landscapes or perspectives being used. The whole enclosed in a setting of elaborate tabernacle work. The designing and execution were entrusted to Messrs. Percy Bacon & Brothers, of London.
For more about this window, and some excellent photographs, see The stained glass of Antony, St James the Great (cornishstainedglass.org.uk)