CHARLBURY, Oxfordshire – St Mary.
Repairs to roofs 1925
The Diocesan architect, Mr. G. Fellowes Prynne, reported in April that new lead roofs are necessary for the nave, the north aisle and the south chapel, and on further inspection in August he found that a considerable amount of new oak roof boarding would also be required. Acting on his advice the Charlbury Church Council…accepted the lowest tender…and instructions have been given for the work to proceed as far as funds permit. (Oxfordshire Weekly News 23 September 1925)
A grant for these repairs was approved in 1926, in accordance with Fellowes Prynne’s plans.