DRAYCOTT, Somerset – St Peter.
Chancel screen 1894; War Memorial tablet 1919
The chancel screen is of wrought iron, with a wrought iron cross surmounting the centre.
The Wells Journal of 20 September 1894 described the dedication of the chancel screen:
…The screen is the work of Messrs. Singer, of Frome, from the designs of Mr. Fellows G. Prynne, [sic] architect…and will cost about £150. It is light and elegant in design and of excellent workmanship. The base is of Pennant stone, enriched with mouldings of capstone and base, and with three panels with moulded quatrefoils on either side of the beautiful gates. The screen is surmounted with a large and handsome iron and gilt cross, with gilt rays radiating from the intersection of the limbs. The whole work harmonises admirably with its surroundings, and gives a completeness and finish to the interior arrangements of the church.