EAST BRIXTON, Lambeth, London – St Jude.
Restoration after a fire, 1923
In his book Parish Churches of London (Batsford, 1966) Basil F. L Clarke described St Jude’s, consecrated originally in 1868, thus:
…of Kentish rag and Bath stone; cruciform, with a very low tower and spire in the angle of the transept, facing the road. The chancel was damaged by fire in 1923, and restored by G H Fellowes Prynne. The church was damaged by bombing in 1940. On 24 May 1952 the south aisle was rededicated for use as a church: the rest was brought back into use later.
The church was last used for worship in 1975, and declared redundant in 1979. It was last seen as a furniture warehouse.