ST PANCRAS, Camden, London – St Pancras Old Church.
Restoration 1914-21, 1922-26
The first plans for restoration were drawn up by C.R.B. King, but he died in 1916, and Fellowes Prynne drew up the final plans to remove side galleries, and repair floors, external stonework, roofs etc.
An Incorporated Church Building Society grant was awarded for this purpose. A further grant was sought for the second phase of what was deemed the same programme of repairs – and was rejected.
This was …the last church with which Mr. Fellowes Prynne had anything to do. The renovation was undertaken under his direction, and he was present at the re-opening of the church on April 26th.
(From obituary in The Builder 1927)