TAKELEY, Essex – Holy Trinity. 

Screen with rood figures, sanctuary panelling, altar and choir stalls 1910

The screen is 20 feet across, with a 5-foot gap in the middle, with no doors.  There is a rood assembly on top.  The sanctuary has panelling and an open-fronted altar, decorated with gilt and statues.  Unusually for Fellowes Prynne, the screen decoration includes nine angels holding shields bearing images of the Instruments of the Passion.

Observation suggests that the Lady Chapel could be by Fellowes Prynne, but this observation is not yet substantiated.

These photographs of the interior are by kind permission of John R. Salmon.