WATERLOO, Lambeth, London – St John.
Oak reredos 1897
The Builder of 11 December 1897 reported on the dedication of an oak reredos, erected as a memorial to the Diamond Jubilee.
The reredos is of carved oak, and the work has been carried out from designs by Mr. G. H. Fellowes-Prynne [sic]. It is divided into three portions. The centre one contains three panels, is surmounted by a circular pediment and carved tympanum, supported on two columns. The altar has been raised on three marble steps, and the whole of the sacrarium has been tiled with black and white marble. The walls have been panelled with oak, and a sedilia has [sic] been erected.