WYKE REGIS, Dorset – All Saints.
Lych Gate 1896
The Western Gazette of 20 November 1896 reported that:
The Committee of the new Burial Ground have come to the decision to place a lych gate at the entrance to the old churchyard. A handsome design has been prepared by Mr. G. H. Fellowes Prynne (Westminster), the architect of Westham [Weymouth] New Church. The work will be carried out by Mr. J. Bishop, and is to be completed by the 20th proximo.
The lych gate has what would be deemed to be a typical tiled roof, with lead-work and a cross at the apex. But unusually the main structure has distinctive cross-pieces, as can be seen in the illustrations.